It’s not always an easy thing to admit, but sometimes, marriages end, and through no fault of our own. Regardless of how, or why, your marriage ended, however, it’s essential that you know how to find a divorce lawyer to handle your situation the minute it comes up. At the law office of Elisha Morris, Esq., we understand that not everyone will know how to find a divorce lawyer, especially if this is the first time they’re going through something like this. Let’s look at some of the basics of how to find a divorce lawyer like Elisha Morris, Esq., that will handle your case promptly and professionally.
How to Find a Divorce Lawyer that Will Help You Prepare for the Inevitable
There are many things that you can do to know how to find a divorce lawyer. For example:
- Get all your paperwork together. One of the first things you need to do when you’re trying to learn how to find a divorce lawyer is to get all your paperwork together. It’s not just about your marriage license – rather, it’s important to cull all your financial documents, including bank statements, mutual fund statements, and anything else that will indicate who owns what, and where these assets are located. The more paperwork you have in your possession when you’re looking for how to find a divorce lawyer, the easier it will be for that lawyer to determine how your assets need to be divided.
- Do you have a prenup? When you’re looking for information on the divorce lawyer, the next thing you need to consider is how your prenuptial agreement – if you have one – affects the division of your assets. Some prenuptial agreements are straightforward and provide for simple 50/50 division of assets. Other prenuptial agreements are a lot more complicated and require extensive research and negotiations to resolve. Whatever the case, however, if you have a prenuptial agreement, you need to let your divorce lawyer know.
- Make an appointment with us. Finally, but certainly no less importantly, the last step in knowing how to find a divorce lawyer that’s right for you is to make an appointment with us. Elisha Morris, Esq., is pleased to offer a free, no obligation consultation to all her prospective clients so that she can go over the details of your case and figure out the best course of action for you. One of the most important elements of a successful meeting with your divorce lawyer is the questions you will ask her – and get answered – during your initial meeting. Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to.
What are some other things to know about meeting with a divorce lawyer?
There are a few other things that are essential to keep in mind when you meet with your divorce lawyer for the first time. For example:
- You may need to meet with your divorce lawyer early on. Unfortunately, while some divorces come out of left field, there are much more whose arrival is inevitable. While it’s, perhaps, fatalistic to meet with a divorce lawyer the first time you have a fight with your spouse, it’s advisable to meet with a divorce lawyer if you have been having problems with your spouse for a long time, and those problems show no sign of getting better.
- Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you can. As was previously mentioned, the success of your first meeting with Elisha Morris, Esq., is almost strictly dependent on how many questions you ask, and how comfortable you are with the answers to the questions.
- Check out the referrals. One of the things that make Elisha Morris, Esq., the most trusted divorce lawyer in the area is the quality of her referrals. She has helped hundreds of clients get the results they desire, even in the most acrimonious divorce cases. And, while the divorce is never an easy thing to go through, Elisha Morris, Esq., is pleased to be the most trusted attorney in the area to handle even the most difficult of cases. She is always pleased to see these cases through to their conclusion, and will not stop until her clients get the results they deserve.
As with most legal cases, past results are no guarantee of future success. And while no attorney can guarantee the outcome of any case, Elisha Morris, Esq., is pleased to have the reputation of an attorney who is known throughout the area for providing her clients with the results they desire, no matter how long it takes or how hard they must fight.
When it comes to your divorce, you shouldn’t have to face your soon-to-be spouse alone. For more information on how Elisha Morris, Esq., can help you with your case, contact us today, and find out for yourself why she’s the divorce lawyer you can trust!